Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Cleaning ugh!

So today I was silly enough to make a list of all the things I still have to do before I can say it's spring...sigh...I don't think I'll be done this list til next spring! I've managed to make a dent in it all, but in one area I think moms whose kids are in public schools have an advantage over me is that once something is clean it actually stays that way for at least a few hours. It's so discouraging to work hard on something and then in literally a few minutes it's messy again. I get that way mostly when it comes to cleaning the kids rooms. I take hours cleaning, scrubbing, vaccuming, arranging, dusting, etc. Then the next day it looks like the town dump again.
My kids have chores, but they refuse to do anything if they don't get paid for it. I'm at my wits end some days. Why should I have to pay them to take care of their stuff? I'm tempted to just not buy them the things they want since they won't treat the item well. But then I give in to the pressures of wanting them to have a nice fill in the blank (Christmas, Easter, Birthday).
Time for another piece of chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment