Sunday, May 23, 2010

One Week Left

Yep. That's right. We are on our last week of school for the year. Wow. It always amazes me to see how fast these years fly by...I remember when I was young it seemed an eternity! So I'm swamped with catalogs pouring over them to find what I'm going to be teaching NEXT year! lol A homeschooling mom's work is never done!
I'm getting excited actually becasue Suzy is going into 7th grade. Now is when all the "fun" electives start to kick in! I say it in quotes, becasuse she isn't looking forward to them, but I sure am! Foreign languages (she wants french, I want her to learn spanish), home ec., American and British lit., yes! These really are the things I am looking forward to! I enjoyed them when I was learning them (I had to pretend not to like them cause it wasn't cool back then). But in my heart I knew someday I'd have the chance to really invest the time/effort into them and now here it is! Yea me! Poor Suz! TeeHee.
Ian is going into 4th/5th grade next year. He's still in the tedious "memorization" mode. For the life of me I don't know why but both my kids hate memorization. Multiplication tables are going to kill me! I had to finally BRIBE Suz to learn hers at the beginning of 5th grade!!! She ended up with an American Girl doll for Christmas that year. I just keep thinking how much is Ian going to cost me? He's been eyeing a Wii. I haven't gotten him one yet cause he didn't take very good care of his game cube.
Well, anyway, I'm back from my tangent...one week left and I am already looking forward to next year! EEE!!! Come on September!

No comments:

Post a Comment