Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What to do now

A few days ago, our cable/computer/phone went out. I had noticed the tweedle dee and tweedle dumb cable guys outside climbing up just about every telephone pole in our neighborhood as my cable kept going on and off all morning. Finally it went out completely and being the absentminded person I am, I thought maybe my bill was past due...nope...it was all paid up. So, a few hours later the kids were playing outside and apparently all of the neighborhood was out.
Fine. Okay.
So now what am I supposed to do? My kids have some of their schoolwork on the computer. Ugh!
I called on my cell phone later that same day and they told me, "we are aware of the problem it should be fixed in 12-24 hours".
Yeah. Uh huh! Sure.
Two DAYS later they were saying that all of the people have had their stuff back on for a full day...all but ME!!! They were saying that their computers were showing no problems...that my cable/computer/phone were all on and working...Hmmm....well they AREN'T!!! Oh, we'll have to schedule an appointment and get a field tech out there are you going to be home on Saturday between 8 and 10 AM???
There is a serious monopoly in my area folks. There is only one cable company here so I have to put up and shut up with all of this dumbness!
FINALLY, they got everything in working order. After 3 days! All I can say is I better have a credit on my next bill. I'm still thinking of complaining too, but what good will that do? I seriously need a piece of chocolate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment