Thursday, April 8, 2010

The End of the Year

We are starting to get to the end of our school year. I don't give my kids as much time off as the public schools so here we are in April, and with each passing week, we are down a subject. The kids are excited since the weather has gotten so much better and love to go outside to play.
Suzy has finished History so far and has only 1 week left of Geography. And two weeks left on Math and Science. Spelling will be the next to be crossed off the list with 3 weeks left to go. The only thing I have that will most likely make it to the end of the year (we end on the last Friday of May) will be Language.
Ian has just about finished all of his schoolwork already too. Because he is in younger grades, the curriculum is not as long. He's down to spelling and a math supplement workbook I purchased a few weeks ago.
I am tempted to start purchasing next year's curriculum and have them start on it now, but then what will I do when they are done even earlier next year? I think I'll just look online for free supplemental "stuff" to finish the year in areas I found that the kids may be a bit weaker in (fractions for Suz and multiplication tables for Ian).
I still love homeschooling and I'm not sure that my kids will ever go to a "regular" school. I'm looking forward to what the future holds for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment