Sunday, April 18, 2010

School Vacations?

Well if you are a homeschooler you know that with EVERY public school vacation week, you get the inevitable cry from the kiddies,"why can't WE have a vacation too?"
This time is no exception. No matter how many times I repeat the mantra...you have shorter days but more of them, you start your school year later and finish earlier...blah blah blah. This week coming up I have decided to give me and the kids a break. Yes, for the first time (I think anyway) in our family history...we are taking a week off. Yippee! No more strange looks from people when we are out and about in the early afternoon, no more saying to the kids in earshot of cashiers,"oh, I'll have to make your dentist appointment next."
Implying they were at the doctors office...lol Crazy yeah I know.
Truthfully I don't CARE about what others think (or do I)? Maybe I'll grab a Godiva and contemplate this for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment